Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic models. The locomotive will have all of the usual refinemens that are expected to be found on all dapol models including:
- A die-cast compensated chassis
- Detailed cab interior with screw reverse
- Full profile cylinder – no cut away
- The front Bogie is also sprung and operates on a cam so the model will negotiate R2 curves with ease.
- Brass plated safety valve casing
- Original (with capucheon) and redrafted chimneys fitted as appropriate.
- Exquisite detailing on the buffer beam and footplate with prototypical overhang
- A slide in PCB offers simple ‘tool-free’ installation of a NEXT-18 DCC decoder and a ’no-solder’ speaker connection. This board slides through the smoke box door and connects directly to the locomotive mother board.
- The tender to locomotive drawbar includes reliable electrical connections moulded within the close-coupling push-fit coupling. This eliminates wired plugs and unreliable wiper style connections.
- A total of 12 wheels split between the locomotive and tender have electrical pick-up, this is enhanced by the sprung centre driving wheel.
- A sugar cube is mountable on the slide out PCB board and a Base Reflex speaker can be housed in the tender. An audio frequency filter is integrated within the main locomotive PCB to ensure each speaker responds within it’s ideal frequency range.
- Improved firebox glow (synchronised with DCC sound)
- Dapol’s proven slow speed mechanism and high torque five pole skew wound motor