Initial run of 250
Gellyceidrim Colliery was located at Garnant on the Great Western branch from Glanamman to Brynamman which served numerous anthracite producers, at this time 25 wagons were hired from the Gloucester RC&WCo. The colliery was working fromt the late 19th century and employed just over 500 people. In 1923 the colliery lost its independence and was taken over by Cleeves Western Valley which then saw the Gellyceidrim Colliery wagons be repainted into their new owners livery by 1930.
The wagon is in dark grey with bold white text shaded black. The attractive logo, white circle with red cross and 'G' in yellow, is positioned centrally on the side of the wagon and is an eye-catching feature. The wagon also features the added detail of printed owner plates on the sole bar and comes with a full load of coal!