The New Look Bus was the face of North American public transit in the latter half of the 20th century. Did you know almost 45,000 of these buses were produced for use across North America? That's a lot of buses! Their production started in 1959 and lasted to 1986, and there are still some in service today!
NOT YET RELEASED
Rapido Trains is pleased to introduce its first production of the iconic New Look Bus in N Scale. This model represents the earlier generation of the New Look, but will look right at home on any layout of display from the 1960s through the 1990s (and even the early 2000s).
We think that our N scale New Look bus is even more impressive than its larger cousin. Why? Because we think we’ve made quite simply the most detailed N scale bus in the history of the hobby. It’s more detailed than most of our competitors’ HO scale buses!
- The exact New Look shape – including the unique tubular profile – traced from a 3D-scan of a real TTC New Look Bus
- Full underbody detail including fuel tank, cabling, engine detail, etc.
- Early (5303) rear engine door style
- Left-side emergency exit door
- Full interior including drivers controls, passenger seats and grooved flooring.
- Super-detailed wheels with REAL rubber tires
- Separately applied mirrors
- Three front bumper styles − steel, water and rubber (installed as appropriate)
- Rear Air Conditioner Unit (installed as appropriate)
- WORKING headlights and taillights, powered by a 9-12V DC power supply (not included)