The modern level crossing, with its familiar barriers and suspended metal curtains, and associated equipment, is now available in model form, and will be welcomed by modellers of the contemporary railway scene. This detailed plastic kit contains a wealth of parts:
- Roadbed, complete with anti-trespass boards.
- Four curtained barriers in the lowered position, and four raised barriers (giving a choice as to how the level crossing should be modelled).
- Barrier supports, warning lights and road signs.
- Relocatable Equipment Building (R.E.B.).
- CCTV & Lighting Posts x 2.
- Approx. 580mm palisade fencing.
The roadbed has been designed to be used in conjunction with PECO Streamline Code 100 & 75 flexible track for single or double track lines, and additional roadbed can be added for multiple tracks. It should be noted that it is not compatible with Setrack track geometry, so modellers will have to contemplate some modifications to the roadbed to make it fit. On a single track section it would be fine.
Although intended as a static model, provision has been made to enable operation using the Pecolectrics SmartSwitch servo motor control system, the barrier pedestal being hollow and parts included to facilitate a connection with the servo link wire. The effect will be quite impressive.
The attention to detail is fantastic. In fact, one Network Rail engineer has even commented on how accurate our model is - praise indeed! Of course, the crisply moulded plastic parts will benefit from additional painting.